Junior Risk Analyst
Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, NetherlandsOperations
At SFI Markets, the operations team is the glue that keeps the company together. The team currently consists of 10 colleagues who are responsible for Legal, Compliance, Finance, Mid-Office, IT and HR, and Recruitment. All colleagues work on different projects, and in a regulated business like ours, there can be a big overlap between teams. We work in a fast-paced environment where we like to reward our employees for their output. We are currently looking for a Risk Analyst to join our team.
In this role, you will carry the responsibility for all risk-related matters for SFI. We expect you to take ownership, initiative and be proactive to make sure we comply with regulations. You like working with data and are able to collaborate with different teams, e.g. front-office, compliance and IT. In this role, you will get a lot of freedom and opportunity to develop yourself in an entrepreneurial organization!
- Work with traders and senior management to advance robust approaches to risk management, including defining, building and using the necessary tools.
- Measure and monitor SFI activities, risk parameters and positions and ensure risk is commensurate with SFI risk policies and principles.
- Assisting in the enhancement of risk processes by identifying and evaluating business critical exposures.
- Oversee and ensure compliance with risk-related aspects of IFR, IFD, relevant RTS, MAR/MAD, MiFIR any other relevant legislation.
- Design and implement or assist in the implementation of improvements for automated regulatory reporting (AFM, DNB, etc)
- Interface with external entities (Clearing firms, Counterparties, Exchanges) on risk topics to ensure business continuity and development
- Perform risk and trading-related data analysis independently and in cooperation with trading colleagues
- Actively research and stay current on market dynamics, risk factors and real-world drivers of risk
- Ensure proper control of both market risk and operational risk.
- Escalate and report any risk-related issues in a timely manner to SFI senior management
- 1-2 years of experience in a similar role (preferably in a trading environment)
- A quantitative background and data analysis experience
- Working knowledge of risk controls across fixed-income or other relevant products
- Previous experience understanding the regulatory framework (specifically, prudential supervision) and working directly with European Regulators
- Previous experience using tools such as SQL, VBA, Python, or R for data analysis and modeling
- Living in (the area of) Amsterdam
- Fluent English speaker (Dutch is beneficial)